Suggest 5 Great Alternatives to Bitcoin

The digital currency stage is getting crowded, giving choices to investors. what are your choice?

The 6 Most Important Cryptocurrencies Other Than Bitcoin

1. Litecoin (LTC) Litecoin, launched in the year 2011, was among the initial cryptocurrencies following bitcoin and was often referred to as 'silver to Bitcoin's gold.' ...
  2. Ethereum (ETH) ...
  3. Zcash (ZEC) ...
  4. Dash. ...
  5. Ripple (XRP) ...
  6. Monero (XMR) ...
    The Bottom Line.

@nicolaortiz said in Suggest 5 Great Alternatives to Bitcoin:

Ripple (XRP) ...
Monero (XMR)

These two are my personal favourite

@arrana Monero (XMR) will be a game changer!

The following is a list of some of the most prominent altcoins around. Many are blockchain experiments that use the sale of “coins” to fund the project and fuel the network. https://www.bankrate.com/investing/12-cryptocurrency-alternatives-to-bitcoin/

@nicolaortiz said in Suggest 5 Great Alternatives to Bitcoin:

Monero (XMR)

Yes @arrana Monero is cash for a connected world. It’s fast, private, and secure. With Monero, you are your own bank. You can spend safely, knowing that others cannot see your balances or track your activity.

While Bitcoin is still king in the cryptocurrency world, there are a number of others on the rise that smaller-scale investors may want to consider. Here are 5 great alternatives to Bitcoin.

• Ether
  • Ripple
  • Litecoin
  • Cardano
  • Monero

It is 2018 and here's my list too on Great Alternatives to Bitcoin
(1) Ethereum (ETH) August 2014: developed by the Ethereum Foundation, a Swiss and non-profit. An open, decentralized
software platform where cryptocurrency is used in paying for transaction fees and services and it is also mineable.
(2)Ripple (XRP) launched in 2012 in California by former bitcoin developers. This is not just a currency but is a system which any
currency can be transferred or traded as well as a worldwide payment and remittance system. Ripple cannot be mined.
(3)IOTA (MIOTA) The first open-source "distributed ledger technology" that is being built to power the future of the Internet of Things with feeless microtransactions and data integrity for machines.
(4)LITECOIN (LTC or XLT) since 2011 launched by a former google employee and is mineable. This is an alternative to bitcoin at a much cheaper price "the silver to Bitcoin's gold" which targets merchants that needs large volume of smaller transactions that is processed relatively quickly about processing a bloc every 2.5 minutes to the usual 10 minutes.
(5)DASH (DASH) was launch in 2014 with core developer Evan Duffield and is mineable. Originally named as XCoin (XCO)then Darkcoin and now it is Digital Cash, the digital currency way to pay people by using the "Masternode system".
(6)BITCOIN CASH (BCH) is mineable, "peer to peer cash". Genesis block: January 3, 2009 (9 years ago) the developers not content with the Segregated Witness feature implemented a change to the bitcoin code. The change, called a hard fork, took effect on August 1, 2017. As a result, the bitcoin ledger called the blockchain and the cryptocurrency split in two. At the time of the fork anyone owning bitcoin was also in possession of the same number of Bitcoin Cash units.
(7)MONERO (XMR) created in April 2014 and is mineable an untraceable cryptocurrency uses CryptoNote protocol/uses the CyptoNight algorithm, used "ring signatures" and "stealth addresses" to muddle up every transaction's value (amount), its origin and its destination and obscuring both sender and the recipient's identities. which is a completely private transactions and again cannot be linked to a particular user.

This post is deleted!

I believe Ether, Ripple and Litecoin are the obvious top three choices and also the most recommended as I can see. However, I have a strong feeling Dash and Neo are the underdogs in this competition and might emerge to be the top names in the coming years. Dash intends to handle over 4,000 transactions simultaneously compared to the Bitcoin’s current 7 and is eyeing on the mass market, to make way in the lives of every day users. Neo too has similar plans and is exploring the possibility of a digital identity for its users.

@pawan03 4,000 simultaneous transactions vs 7 sounds like a game changer. Is Dash still mineable or am I better off purchasing some tokens?

I'd like to mine for coins myself but I haven't gotten a rig setup. Just learning and planning phase is where I am right now.