Exchanges You Can Trust

Here is a list of more or less trustworthy exchanges. Please understand, that the cryptocurrency world is still on its way to become strong and reliable. Some of the popular exchanges (Poloniex, Bittrex) sometimes may ban users or disable withdrawals. Also, the exchanges are at constant risk of being hacked and there is no guarantee that your funds are 100% safe 🙂

However, these cryptocurrency exchanges are the ones you can trust today:

• Local Bitcoins - Buy and sell bitcoins near you. Trusted by 10M monthly users.
  • Poloniex - USA. Trust: 3.5/5. Tons of altcoins. Poor support.
  • CoinBase - USA. Trust: 5/5. Pay with fiat.
  • Bittrex - USA. Trust: 4/5. Many altcoins. Responsible founders.
  • CEX.IO - UK. Trust: 5/5. Fiat. Newbie friendly.
  • BestBitcoinExchange - Curated list of 35 popular exchanges. Looks SEOish but does the job well.
  • Shapeshift - No login, fast, awesome API.
  • Changelly - Fiat, nice affiliate program.

I use Bittrex a lot.

@nicolaortiz said in Exchanges You Can Trust:

I use Bittrex a lot.

👍 👍 👍

@nicolaortiz any special reason for the preference?

Bittrex is a global leader in the blockchain revolution. I prefer them for dependable digital wallets, and industry-leading security practices.

There are a few factors that go into a good exchange, the obvious being reputation and security. You may be restricted from certain exchanges due to your region. As with any software platform, an easy UI can make all the difference. Other factors to consider are the available order types, altcoins, payment options, and taker/maker transaction fees. Margin trading is also a very desired feature among traders.

Each of us has different priorities and will value each of these things differently. For instance, investors would probably be more likely to choose one exchange with a high reputation and ease of access, while most traders will use a combination of exchanges to give themselves access to all the features they need.

@mk-hasan said in Exchanges You Can Trust:

There are a few factors that go into a good exchange

Which exchanges you personally use?