Undervalued Projects and Great Investments

The title pretty much says it all...

Investing in BTC, ETH, LTC, etc. might carry less risk, but I think the best way to turn a small initial investment into a fortune is by identifying breakout coins before they become mainstream.

The riskiest way to do this obviously through ICOs, but it is also possible to invest in projects that have made some good progress with a solid team behind them, take on a little bit less risk, and someday walk away with a large multiple of your original investment.

I've already shared my biggest holding (Bottos) in a different thread (https://blockchainforums.info/topic/244/bottos)... I also like HPB and IOT. What are some projects that you think have the potential for massive growth?

My advice with this is always that cryptocurrency investments are worth the risk as long as you don’t invest more than you’re comfortable losing. A $2,000 investment in cryptocurrency could net you over $100,000 over a few years, but it could also very well go to $0. If you’re okay potentially losing that initial investment, I like those odds.

With that amount, I’d recommend investing in a few different coins. To stay conservative, you should invest at least half of it into the largest, most popular coins (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin). These coins may not bring you the largest gains, but they usually hold the best during the bear markets.

Personally, I’d take the remaining amount and split it amongst a few coins that believe have a long-term potential. When evaluating a coin here, you should look at the problem it’s solving, the team building it, and what the purpose of the coin actually is.

If you have anything left (<5%), I’d say it’d be worth it to invest in ICOs or small market cap coins. These are the moonshots that could potentially reach 100–200x, so it could be beneficial to devote a very small amount of your portfolio to them.

I wanted to highlight this aspect of your post. To me this is beginner mentalitiy when it comes to trading. I say so because I literally possessed the same mentality when starting out in this space. The reason I say it is such

a mindset is because yes you can have great gains but why are you looking at a cheap price point as reason for entry? What you should be asking instead is what kind of ROI can I attain by entering in this coin? At the

end of the day that is what matters not price entry. For example you could have a coin that is worth 2 cents but because dev is gone or product has no use case you can bet that it would keep going down. Is it a cheap price?

Yes. Will it make you lose a lot of money? Also yes. Therefore do not use cheap price point as reason for entry. Instead look at the development, team, product, and the community. These four factors will give you an indication

as to whether the coin will be alive and survive any nasty crypto swings.

Syscoin offers an incredibly high throughput capability of around 300,000 Transactions per Second (TPS). This level of TPS enables an enormously high number of applications and services to run simultaneously on top of the SYS platform. For comparison, Ripple is capable of only ~1500+ TPS, while Visa’s absolute peak capacity is at around 56,000 TPS (although Visa is set to run at no more than one third of that value at all times).

alt text

Some say IOTA is new and there is a huge potential in its project. That is not entirely true. IOTA development began with hundreds of supporters back in 2015 and it has been covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Forbes, Cointelegraph, CIO, etc. repeatedly. It is not a new project and they have been there for a while now.

Although it is not a new to some of us, in my opinion, IOTA is still far away from “mass-adoption”.

IOTA had experienced some sell-off earlier in the week. IOTA now has a market cap of about $1.75 billion, ranking it 9th on the charts. At the time of writing, it is priced at $0.45.

@shanzida

Yes, obviously ROI is more important than price. At the same time, low market cap (rather than simply low price) can be a great indicator of a project's potential for growth. A solid team and great use cases will lead a project to success, but the biggest and most popular projects have already broken out--and thus have less room to grow. That is what I was trying to hit at here. Apologies if there was any misunderstanding.