IoT Chain (ITC)

IoT Chain (ITC)

Market Cap: $87,874,084 USD

CMC Rank (as of May 4, 2018): #188

[Official Website]

ITC, like Bottos (BTO) and High Performance Blockchain (HPB), is another Chinese project that feels severely undervalued due to its lack of hype in--and exposure to--the Western world.

ITC is working on building a sharing economy for Internet of Things (IoT) devices, with goals of "bringing control of data back to its rightful owner" and "promoting the development of artificial intelligence."

For comparison, IOTA, a similar project with similar ambitions, currently has a market cap of almost $7 billion USD, putting it at a current valuation about 75 times greater than ITC. In my opinion, the difference between these two projects isn't big enough for such disparity.

While IOTA may (or may not) be overvalued at this point in time, the Internet of Things should see big growth and adoption over the coming years, so both IOTA and ITC should be considered solid long-term investments. I would lean towards buying into ITC at the moment, however, due to its similar technology and vision paired with cheaper prices--making for better value.

Nonetheless, there is certainly space for more than one player working on IoT applications, and ITC and IOTA could coexist (similar to Alibaba and Amazon) in typical Eastern-Western fashion.

Keep an eye on this project, and maybe consider investing before it has been discovered by larger crowds. Getting in on the ground floor could provide a nice elevator ride up... 🙂

@afridylan I have been following another Chinese project in the IoT space - Internet Node Token (INT) even smaller market cap - $54,166,800 USD - How do you think they compare from a technology perspective?

@btcashary said in IoT Chain (ITC):

@afridylan I have been following another Chinese project in the IoT space - Internet Node Token (INT) even smaller market cap - $54,166,800 USD - How do you think they compare from a technology perspective?

Interesting. I'm not too familiar with INT (will have to do some deeper research and get back to you), but I certainly don't think it would hurt to diversify and invest in both of these projects. Maybe sprinkle a little extra on whichever one you personally think will come out on top...

In my opinion (generated from very quick research), the ITC team seems more organized and professional than INT. However, compared to the sector leader (IOTA), if either ITC or INT pull even a small percentage of the expanding IoT market, they should provide nice investment returns.

@afridylan said in IoT Chain (ITC):

Interesting. I'm not too familiar with INT (will have to do some deeper research and get back to you), but I certainly don't think it would hurt to diversify and invest in both of these projects. Maybe sprinkle a little extra on whichever one you personally think will come out on top...

In my opinion (generated from very quick research), the ITC team seems more organized and professional than INT. However, compared to the sector leader (IOTA), if either ITC or INT pull even a small percentage of the expanding IoT market, they should provide nice investment returns.

I read somewhere that INT doesn't plan to use directed acyclic graph (DAG) tech like ITC and IOTA... that would be one significant difference. Will double check all of this and get back to you. 👍

Here is another short blurb I found on differences between ITC and INT:

"ITC solves security and privacy issues of IoT, while INT wants to provide the ability for IoT devices to communicate with one another."

I would think ITC also wants to provide the ability for intercommunication between IoT devices, however. So... as always, best bet is to do your own research and choose the investment that you feel best about. 🙂

Were you aware of ITC before you started following INT, @btcAshary?

I think @AfriDylan makes a really interesting point about how the IOT Blockchain space can be shared. Alibaba and Amazon is a great example. This is because it doesn't really matter how many people are shopping from one business, so long as they're big enough to have buying power and keep prices down.

A bad example of two businesses trying to share space is in social media. Yahoo was killed by MSN which was killed by Facebook, which didn't seem to notice Google+ coming onto the market. This is because a social media platform that is not used by your social group is useless, no matter how good the interface and service is.

So to consider sharing the IOT Blockchain space, we need to know if the business benefits from being adopted by the majority like a social media platform. Or if it makes no difference, like a shopping platform? This is an important question because the answer decides if it is safer to stick with the popular IOTA, even if the technology might not be as good. Or if, as suggested here, it is better to spread the investment, and take your chances with a project that might be undervalued by a factor of 75 times.