Is it OK to recommend or advise on ICOs here?

A question for @admin really, are we ok to actually recommend ICOs that we're interested in, and say what we like about them to try to persuade each other?

I know some forums are very rigid about this because I think they are worried about the platform itself being seen to endorse something, but, I hope with a forum like this it can be OK for us to suggest things to each other,

Maybe the rule should be, you have to declare if you are invested already, or anything to do with the advisory team?

If you can backup what you say with hard facts and you disclose your investment in the product then it should be fine with me (for now). Hopefully this results in some stimulating conversations.

This was somethign I was going to ask too - I have a new just out of ICO crpto I hvae a vested interest in, but firmly beleive in the tech and wanted to share it with you guys 🙂 Will get a post up soon.

@sprocket said in Is it OK to recommend or advise on ICOs here?:

This was somethign I was going to ask too - I have a new just out of ICO crpto I hvae a vested interest in, but firmly beleive in the tech and wanted to share it with you guys 🙂 Will get a post up soon.

Looking forward to it!

@sprocket said in Is it OK to recommend or advise on ICOs here?:

Excited to hear the dirty details behind this. Patiently waiting... ☺

Anything like BTO? 😉

Yes, I am always interested in hearing the good (and the bad) about ICOs - I am looking forward to your post @AfriDylan 🙂

@sprocket Yes, please share, it would be interesting to read.
These ICOs ended or are they still going?

I've been doing some proofreading/editing work for a really exciting ICO recently. Their presale is just around the corner. More details to come soon... stay tuned! 🙂

@afridylan Yes, please share the details!
I was also recently invited to join one ICO as advisor, may be will share the info later

I love ICOs and am always looking for new credible ones to put some money in. Anyone who has come across Ian Balina's ICO token metrics? He has an interesting way of investing in ICOs. @Flodner please share the info and maybe some of us can come as investors.

I'm currently helping out with a whitepaper for an ICO that I believe in. We've come up with a very new and effective way of adding value to a token. It is off being scrutinised be legal at the moment. When I'm free to share more, this is exactly the place I will do it. Real people with a variety of experiences and crypto backgrounds. I can't think of a better forum to discuss new ideas on.

@timmarsh can't wait to see what you come with. A piece of advice though; please don't fall for the temptation of going for a generic whitepaper. In my research of ICOs to invest in, I at times come across whitepapers that have been copy pasted and don't seem or even sound legit. It's always important to remember that a whitepaper is the gateway to investors. Anyway can't wait for the details of your project.

@timmarsh Looking forward to check the whitepaper

@CryptoQueen Here it is: https://ico.columbery.com/
But of course I will repeat that by investing in ICO you should understand all the risks..