How to Make a Paper Wallet

https://www.coindesk.com/information/paper-wallet-tutorial/

A good overview on paper wallets and how to securely store your cryptocurrency holdings--specifically tailored to Bitcoin, but widely applicable.

Yes, that means you might want to stop holding your coins on exchanges! Give yourself the extra peace of mind by learning and implementing more secure practices.

"What makes paper wallets secure is that they are totally offline (generally known as "cold storage"). They are not within the reach of hackers, and your bitcoin are never trusted to a third party. As long as the paper wallet is secure, your holdings are secure."

From the article:

"Some good paper wallet generators:

• Bitaddress.org and Walletgenerator.net are open-source random address and key generators that uses your browser's JavaScript engine, so no keys are sent over the internet. And moving your mouse around to create entropy and mix up the characters even more is fun. That random sequence is then used to generate your public and private keys, which are displayed on the next screen for printing.

• Bitcoinpaperwallet.org will create a printout of a colourful paper wallet, with the appropriate fold lines, and will sell you tamper-evident stickers for sealing it shut.

• Mycelium offers an original and even more secure way to generate paper wallets, with a USB dongle that you plug directly into your printer. The device generates a paper wallet that automatically gets printed out, without ever having touched your computer."

What are your own personal storage preferences and/or recommendations?

@AfriDylan I'd check the glacier protocol for the most secure way to store bitcoin, or really any currency for that matter.

@penguin said in How to Make a Paper Wallet:

@AfriDylan I'd check the glacier protocol for the most secure way to store bitcoin, or really any currency for that matter.

Any reason(s) why you prefer Glacier, @penguin?

@afridylan said in How to Make a Paper Wallet:

Was curious.. so went ahead and found some more info and posted about the Glacier Protocol in a separate thread: https://blockchainforums.info/topic/341/the-glacier-protocol

Do you use this right now, @penguin?

Was curious.. so went ahead and found some more info and posted about the Glacier Protocol in a separate thread: https://blockchainforums.info/topic/341/the-glacier-protocol

Do you use this right now, @penguin?

Great post! To be honest, I just use a ledger nano s. If I had more crypto, I'd implement the glacier protocol to some extent to ensure that my assets are protected.