Can You Please Help Me with a Blockchain Development Learning Roadmap

Hello house,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest or outline a roadmap to sufficiency for me. I am 26 years ago without a degree but I have more than four years of tier-two tech support experience and two years experience as call center manager in London.

I have always wanted to become a developer, but my job was limiting me, so I quit the job at the end of April. Now, I am earning money by writing blockchain articles, but I want to be a highly skilled blockchain developer. I am willing to invest three years to achieve my goals, please give me some advice.

Thank you!

@Ingram topic moved.
You may be interested in this thread.
It talks a bit about how to learn solidity - the language for ethereum based smart contracts.

EDIT: Also checkout cryptozombies.io

All right, thanks for your reply.

I will check-out the resources....but is that the best route for me, a person who doesn't have the programming background? I wanna learn programming but focus on blockchain....so how can I go about it? Which languages should I learn?

@ingram said in Can You please help me with a Blockchain learning roadmap:

All right, thanks for your reply.

I will check-out the resources....but is that the best route for me, a person who doesn't have the programming background? I wanna learn programming but focus on blockchain....so how can I go about it? Which languages should I learn?

Solidity isn't an overly complex language, I'd start there.
Definitely checkout cryptozombies.io. I've heard that it's a fantastic resource for learning solidity.

Wait, please, one more question: if I learn solidity and become good at it, can I get coding jobs in Solidity?

My initial expectation is that I will have to learn at least three languages... but if I can get by with just Solidity, then that's super fantastic!!

Wait, please, one more question: if I learn solidity and become good at it, can I get coding jobs in Solidity?

My initial expectation is that I will have to learn at least three languages... but if I can get by with just Solidity, then that's super fantastic!!

Solidity and javascript should be sufficient. JS is used to interact with smart contracts using the web3 library.

+1 for cryptozombies.

You can probably get a job after a few months of solid effort - blockchain ranks #2 global in job demand - so there are a lot of opportunities out there.

As @admin mentioned before, you can always post for help here... this forum is filled with a few other developers (check the developers group) so I'm sure someone will answer your questions pretty quickly.

Thank you guys so much! Really good information. I plan to enroll in an online academy. I can't do self-learning. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you guys so much! Really good information. I plan to enroll in an online academy. I can't do self-learning. Do you have any recommendations?

Someone on the forum recommended udemy.

Maybe try that? I'm self taught so I'm not the best to ask.
Perhaps someone else on the forum can chime in on this one.

Wow! @admin -- you must be a strong dude. I am easily distracted and I need an authority figure to be able to concentrate.

I have tried self-learning before, but it is too arduous so I prefer guidance from the very beginning.

Wow! @admin -- you must be a strong dude. I am easily distracted and I need an authority figure to be able to concentrate.

I have tried self-learning before, but it is too arduous so I prefer guidance from the very beginning.

It gets easier the more you do it. Like any skill practice makes perfect.
Just keep at it and don't give up. If you get really stuck, feel free to post here and we'll help you out.

Let's get started:

• Clone this repository.
  • Run npm install
  • Run npm test to see if it works (it should fail - which is intentional)
  • Post your ideas on how to implement this function

Enjoyed this post? Consider registering for more interesting content!