Where is everyone based?

I'm SO nosey.

We seem to be a wonderfully diverse community here and I'm curious about where you're all from, where you live now (you don't need to be too specific), what you do for a living, what are your ambitions, how old are you?

I'll start...

I live in the south of Spain, but I'm English.
I work in marketing, mainly for the crypto industry but for other things too.
I want to work solely in the crypto/blockchain industry in the future because it's absolutely fascinating and it really IS the future.
I'm 45.
I'm curious to learn more every day and am loving all the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

Now it's your turn....

No one took the bait so yet so I'll start!

-I'm 29
-I live in New York City (meetups anyone?)
-I'm a project engineer, mostly in technology integration business (like smart building controls, high tier data centers)
-I first got into bitcoin in 2011 - and no I'm not rich 😞
-Blockchain/crypto has personally revitalized my thirst for knowledge
-Would love to become more involved in the space and I'm trying to figure out in what way that'll be

Suppose I'll follow suit with a similar format!

• I'm 30
  • Brisbane, Australia
  • Data analyst, have worked in many different industries, currently non-profit sector
  • Started reading and learning about Bitcoin in 2013, didn't make a purchase until early 2017, I'm thankful I did pull the trigger then, since even after this crash the investment is still a solid one. 🙂 But no, I am not rich either!
  • I'd love to eventually work in this space to some degree, but I feel like my skillset is one that will be replaced by AI/the blockchain and its technologies doing it in an automated fashion anyhow. I think my first step will be to either get involved with, attend or help set up meet-ups in this area. I know they are happening in Sydney and Melbourne due to the bigger populations, but would be good to have some representation up North.

Liking the format.

• I'm 49
  • Grew up in Brisbane Australia, currently living in Cambodia
  • Consulted as a Quality Systems Designer and QA for 20 years
  • Read a very early article about bitcoin and was fascinated. Nearly bought in just before Mt Gox collapsed. My percentage of a bitcoin came as pay for online work.
  • I want to see cryptocurrency used widely because I believe it will benefit the most disadvantaged people in our world. I also believe it has the potential to be more efficient than the current fiat system. But the scams going on with ICOs, and the profiting by not being the biggest loser before a dump really upset me.

@craig said in Where is everyone based?:

No one took the bait so yet so I'll start!

-I'm 29
-I live in New York City (meetups anyone?)
-I'm a project engineer, mostly in technology integration business (like smart building controls, high tier data centers)
-I first got into bitcoin in 2011 - and no I'm not rich 😞
-Blockchain/crypto has personally revitalized my thirst for knowledge
-Would love to become more involved in the space and I'm trying to figure out in what way that'll be

2011.... now that's a story. What happened to your BTC? 😕

Let me join in on this;
I am 30
I live in Nairobi, Kenya
I have been doing online writing jobs for about 3 years now and that's how I got to learn about cryptocurrencies. I was impressed by Blockchain technology and have been buying tokens since early last year.
As a woman, I believe I have work to do in regards to getting this gender into the crypto space (am still figuring how to do that)
Nice to meet you all
If you are ever on this side of the globe, holla!