Freewallet has got to get it together:(

Freewallet has got to get it together:(
So I went to exchange some bitcoin cash for some bitcoin and I never received the bitcoin. Naturally I opened up a work ticket with free wallet and was relieved when they said that they were going to help me so quick. After not hearing from them for over three days I sent them an email followed up by another email the next day. And today I get this response.

“We have extensively researched your case, and unfortunately, we're unable to retrieve the coins sent cross-chain in your situation.

Your BCH transaction went to a Segwit BTC address (you can easily recognize one, Segwit addresses start with "3"). Normally, if your coins went to a regular BTC address, we would be able to retrieve them. However, Segwit addresses are different.

The BCH chain is structurally inconsistent with the Segwit BTC chain. Like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash supports Pay-to-Public-Key-Hash (P2PKH) and Pay-to-Script-Hash (P2SH) addresses.
However, Segwit BTC features Pay-to-Script-Hash embedded in Pay-to-Witness-Public-Key-Hash (P2SH-P2WPKH) addresses.

As of now, there are no official ways or tools to retrieve BCH from Segwit addresses. You can find quite a number of people offering to recover your BCH in such cases; however, they request sensitive information about your wallet and often demand bounties.

That is exactly why Freewallet switched to a new Bitcoin Cash address format: to avoid situations when coins are mistakenly sent to addresses with little or no chances of their recovery.

We will continue seeking ways to retrieve your coins. We do hope that Segwit developers will come up with a way to do it in the future. When there is one, we will complete your refund free of charge, as always.

Best regards, Freewallet Support Team”

I mean how extensively could they have researched my particular situation? I feel like I am pretty sure that they just sent an automated response thinking that they knew what had happened..? But either way I am not satisfied and I will be continuing to ask them for help. It is just so sad that this is the actually third time that I’ve had issues with their wallet and I should have dumped it along time ago. Please use another wallet so you don’t have to be one of the hundred or so people who have to post on reddit to spread awareness.

Freewallet is a known scam, please do research before using a "random" wallet