which exchanges in the EU submit information about users to the governments

As the subject says. Any ideas ?

Exchanges that are regulated in the EU are not allowed to use your private information except for the cases when other is required by law or a court desicion. One of such exchanges I've come across recently is www.getex.com. On top of everything, they offer accounts insurance and many other perks.

I think it is illegal to pass such information of the users anywhere, even to the government.

They are obliged by law to give out all the info if there is some money laundering suspicion

Why are you so preoccupied with it?

@Crypt0Pro Why is it illegal, if they are obliged by law? Exchanges don't violate any rules in that case

@VladEx said in which exchanges in the EU submit information about users to the governments:

@Crypt0Pro Why is it illegal, if they are obliged by law? Exchanges don't violate any rules in that case

Yep, that's right AML and anti-terrorism policy in action

@Lana-Flame Oh really? I understand now, that if the information was requested by any competent authority, the exchange must submit it. Thank you for clearing it up.

@VladEx Sorry for a stupid question. I didn't come across such situation, so I misunderstood the answer above.

@Crypt0Pro said in which exchanges in the EU submit information about users to the governments:

@VladEx Sorry for a stupid question. I didn't come across such situation, so I misunderstood the answer above.

It is not a stupid question, we here to help each other:)

@Crypt0Pro said in which exchanges in the EU submit information about users to the governments:

@Lana-Flame Oh really? I understand now, that if the information was requested by any competent authority, the exchange must submit it. Thank you for clearing it up.

You are more than welcome

@VladEx said in which exchanges in the EU submit information about users to the governments:

It is not a stupid question, we here to help each other:)

That's true, I don't like when people are treated badly on the forums

Enjoyed this post? Consider registering for more interesting content!